PERP CA4C FINAL

Image result for major scale bass

This exercise above is mainly for my right hand which fingers the string and making sure that its up to speed with my fretting hand. Its basically just me playing the major scale ascending then descending with focus mostly on the metronome and playing with increasing speeds and allow my fingering hand to fatigue.




The technical exercise above allows me to quickly switch between chords by having a semi-quaver before the next bar. This will force me to move my fretting hand quickly to fret the next bass note. Thus increasing not just my hand speed but also accuracy. Here I use notes which are quite a distance from each other and done on different strings every 2 bars! Then after that I play around with the tempo and increase gradually after the final bar.



Above is a modification of the blues scale by using notes that would force me to alternate fingers and allow me to focus on reducing the tension exerted by each finger. The objective is to incorporate muscle memory into my fingers the amount of force needed to fret the string. It also ensure I don't use 'too much' force because using excessive force creates tension in my arm. I learnt that tension plays a huge role in greatly increasing one's speed no matter what instrument so I had this exercise that helped to focus reducing tension in each finger.

VIDEO:
https://youtu.be/giIMwMXHKxQ

Comments