PERP CA4a Part 2




1. The first image is the Hanon finger exercise that I used to help improved the my left hand's finger strength. I realised after talking to Erica that changing the rhythm of the exercise is much more effective in helping to increase my left hand's dexterity rather than modifying the exercise to isolate different fingers. I realise as I start getting used to the exercise, I tend to rush a lot because my left hand speeds up and because of that I lose tempo. I also realise that I panic a lot when I lose focus and this causes me to screw up the whole exercise generally so I tend to focus on staying calm throughout the whole process too. 






2. My solo piece is Victor's Piano solo which are the two images above. As you can see there is a lot of movement for the left hand throughout the whole piece. This is something I'm not used to because I only stuck to pop songs in the past. But I chose to challenge myself by picking a piece that focuses solely on piano playing. I'm definitely not used to this because when I first started, I realised that the left is hand is really difficult because it not only moves around a lot, but also requires finger strength to help pull through the whole piece. I feel that this is a whole new point for me because in pop music playing, my left hand usually just plays octaves or chords and my right plays the melody. Because of that my left hand tends to lose out inn terms of dexterity as compared to my right hand.

Comments