PERP ENTRY 3

1. Question of the Week

Where did I go wrong? I figured out where I went wrong and it was in the objective of the presentation. I was suppose to focus on only one topic that was one in itself rather than a topic which could branch out to many other subtopics. Like for example I could've picked Guitar Picking efficiency or left hand efficiency or a certain piano technique or something like that. But the one I had just included too many factors and not to mention the wording of the objective was pretty wrong. Rather than learning a genre it was more of learning a song.

2. My Music Development

Although I did mess up I still felt like I grew more in terms of understanding my type of learning. Because although in the end all I did was song-learning, I'm able to learn how to play songs more efficiently in a much shorter span of time. An example, rather than play chords, I'm able to pick out melody lines or learn counter melodies. Not only that, I get to learn new techniques or certain habits of certain genres just from picking out those small bits in a song. Like if a song had slap bass, I'd know how to breakdown the process of learning slap bass. Or maybe if a song had a certain lick or riff, I'd be able to put it into my muscle memory and from there have a wider array of musical choices.

3. Description/Diagram/Videos

I don't really have much but all I have is a takeaway description which is to always read the objective of a task that is given and to make sure that what I'm doing is relevant and answers the objective directly.

4. Reflection

Ohh as mentioned in Q3, what I do should be relevant to the objective. Oh and also to make sure that I clarify any doubts and ask questions to avoid falling into a bottomless pit of doom.

Comments